Sunday, December 19, 2004

Midnight welder in a snow storm

Softly crunching feet
In black and white world
Small dog watching as
Soft cold freckles dot my face

Incongruity of Russian billard balls
Streaking and smacking
Behind fooley facade
Of colored spotlights
(Like a night time star
With a neon "Eat at Joe's" on it)

Ghost crane
Fifteen stories high
Hanging paralized
In the frenzied blur
Of soft and quiet

Collapse of universe
Suddenly growing large
As briliant silent thunder
Reveals the giant spider web
in the dark sky

Vulcan's nearby
Using an electric ice pick
To weld steam
And frost

3 comments:

Russell Ragsdale said...

Glad you liked it. Happy to hear you aren't getting white weather. It is deep white and minus 20 here. Happy holidays!

hellophotokitty said...

Wow wow wow.
I am at a loss for words.
Amazing.
Your painting with words makes any canvas you create upon excited!!
(that sounds really corny I know! LOL. My attempt at being poetic!! ;-)

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks hellophotokitty! Your poem about wolves inspired me to write another poem yesterday. It is on a very dark theme; not a very pleasant poem, I'm afraid, but honest! I'll post it in a few moments. Your praise is greatly appreciated!