Saturday, October 15, 2005

Rounding the corner from mind to flesh

In silent dreams we pilot the seams between life and death. The ground is so sure when none is there. Nor does sleep buffer flaws, fears or foes. What we see, unfettered, is clean, pure essence of thought. Whether pain or pleasure, this weighty lumber is dragged to new vista in passive will. What waits there is the thing, the play. Hamlet’s power is that he dreads it so to go there with no return. I, too, long for the foolishness that is waking. I, too, long for the relief when flesh is logic.

6 comments:

gulnaz said...

i have already read it thrice and am going to read it again. awesome!!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Gulnaz! It is a great complement and I am thrilled!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Brilliant.
Truly.
Shakespearean almost but with a contemporary feel!

(We are not jelaous are we guys huh?)

Russell Ragsdale said...

Wow Thanks CJ! I'm honored to be even in the same paragraph with Shakespeare let alone the same sentence. Wow what a complement. Thanks my friend!

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

'I too long for the relief when flesh is logic' love this line, I think the dificulty I have with sleep is that I like to be in control, a kind of revelation I think

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Sue! I love it when ah ha's are waiting 'round the corner. Glad you enjoyed this!